Too much to tell, so here is just a quick summary... I flew into Frankfurt on Tuesday, 26th and my sister and Jochen picked me up at 5:30am. Back at home we all had breakfast together and somehow I managed to stay awake until 7pm (time difference Australia - Germany 10 hours...). So I went to bed at 7 and my friends woke me up again at 8 pm with a really nice cake :-)
During the first week I just met family and friends and I finally moved into my appartment in Paderborn on 1 April. I can see the university from our kitchen window (and unfortunately the university kindergarten in front of my window - 30 kids can be quite loud if you want to read your texts for the next lecture...) and it's quite nice just to have a two minutes walk. University started last monday and I seriously think I have to get used to "learning" again after half a year in Japan and also to the fact that I can actually talk to people again. Of course we didn't miss the first party at the university last thursday... :-)

Kommunion Gina (cousin)

Toute la famille

We even managed to meet in Paderborn before the semester started: Claudia (now back in Leeds) and Steffi

Iris (now in Frankfurt) and Julia

First birthday party in Paderborn: Karo turned 25

Nothing changed... Köffi and Tony Hawk

Markus, almost sitting on the birthday cake ;-)

Birthday party - and the guys HAD to watch soccer
Very communicative...

After Karo's birthday party: next stop university party
And finally our new appartment:

Cleaning the ventilation in the bathroom... Probably never been done before! Bah!

Trying to live healthy... haha

My room so far
Still need pictures for the walls

Kindergarten right in front of my window
+ Südring shopping center in the background

Kitchen window: in the background you can see parts of the university (the "beautiful" grey building)
That's all for today - hope to see you soon in Paderborn :-)
It is always nice to get home!!! My favorite part of college was always the beginning of a new semester. Glad you made it home safely and that you can now have meaningful conversations:)
AntwortenLöschen