Montag, 15. Februar 2010

Scenes from Atlanta airport

After immigration and customs I had more than two hours left before my connecting flight. So first thing to do on my list was buying dinner.

I went to a Mexican place and all I sad to the employee was "One chicken burrito, please".
His answer: "Ah, German, was moechten Sie noch?"
The guy waiting behind me was completely amazed (because with the customer ordering before me the employee switched to perfect Spanish) "How do you know what language to choose?"

His answer: "I can usually tell by the accent."

:(

And yes, after a 10 hour flight on a crappy Delta plane leading to a tired and grumpy Vera, my accent was even worse. I even had problems understanding the employee and got a burrito without cheese and sauce ;)

I then went to my gate and they were still boarding an earlier flight to San Juan. A few people were still missing, after a while they closed boarding and gave the seats away to standby passengers. The plane was supposed to leave at 5.25 and at 5.20 a guy sat down next to me
"So what time do you have?" Me looking confused... "5.20"
Him "So they have not started boarding this flight?" Me even more confused: "They are done"
I won't repeat his answer, but I was amazed by the fact that people would not know that boarding time does not mean departure time. Hehe :)

1 Kommentar:

  1. Oh man, I hate international flights. They are so terrible. And the fact that you are in a foreign country and so exhausted is even worse.

    AntwortenLöschen