Sonntag, 26. September 2010

Trying to catch up - Bern (Switzerland)

My new job has been great so far, but I don't really feel like blogging when I come home from work.
Lessons learnt so far: university doesn't teach you anything that you can actually use in real (HR-)life...


But here goes my post about Switzerland. The Swiss do actually say that Polish people move to Germany to work and Germans move to Switzerland. And I guess it is true. So in May I supported this brain-drain going on between Germany and Switzerland and helped my friend move to Bern to work as a doctor.

We arrived Friday night and were greeted with a nice dinner from one of her roommates and help to carry her boxes to the top floor.

Saturday was spent at Ikea - and we had to find out the hard way that their furniture may or may not be longer than a Korean car. Haha. What do you do when all stores in Switzerland are closed by 4pm. Yes, you use a copper cable that you usually use for radios and such and hope that it lasts all the way home, part of it uphill. And it did :). We also had magic help to carry the heavy furniture to the top floor and to set it up, so on Sunday we had some time left to do some sightseeing.

My only question is: when can I move in?


A room with a view...

City view. I do especially like the little restaurant right by the river


Swiss commercial, haha

Bärengarten right by the river. Cute.

1 Kommentar:

  1. Beautiful! I'm from Tuebingen, Germany, but my family is from Linz, Austria (they are still there). These pictures make me homesick!!!

    AntwortenLöschen